Transformed Talent Management to Improve Compensation Decision-Making
Learn how Baylor Scott & White Healthcare transformed their talent management and performance process during a pandemic. Understand the culture shift necessary, the measurable improvement and how this new Talent Framework will power compensation and talent movement decisions.
Focus: Talent Management, Performance, BI
Challenges and opportunities:
- Overburdensome systems (difficult to implement or communicate) are distracting from meaning and value for employees
- Accountability for engagement, career development and performance are local and the responsibility of individual teams
- Processes, tools and technology at scale is difficult but there are constants to lean into
- Analytics, in particular prescriptive analytics, can change leader and employee experience.
This session will explore:
- Our history of talent approaches and the need for transformation – burning platform
- The right side of the equation and how did we get there – the forces that drove us to define our destination
- Our talent framework – the architecture (semi-technical), connectors and combinations of data that start to paint a picture
- Recommendations not Rx – engagement, talent movement, career development – all is local – we cannot make decisions for leaders about their talent just like we should not about how they spend their money
- Maturing our transformation – what are the next steps – increased automation and prescription, driving intelligent workflows.
- Inspiration from a proven application of analytics to improve talent practices
- A semi-technical understanding of architecting a recommendation engine
- Understanding the value of “right-to-left” thinking.