The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Positives & Pitfalls in Implementing Workforce Planning
There are many possible paths to successfully implementing Workforce Planning in an organization. Join this session to hear examples of one person's journey, including building the case for change, convincing senior leaders to commit, the importance of tech tools, and gathering cross-functional teams to build and run Workforce Planning. This will be a discussion session with the opportunity to share your experience or hear about the experiences of other attendees.
There are many possible paths, no one path is right for every organization. This session will be an opportunity to hear some examples of what has worked and what hasn't at different organizations.
Get a sense of potential options that may work for your specific situation, and come away with an expanded sense of possibilities and pitfalls associated with implementing Workforce Planning.
This session will explore:
- Current state of WFP at Electronic Arts: our North Star, our journey, and where we are now
- An alternative Journey we initially tried: using Talent Mobility as the driver
- The journey we are on: Operational Workforce Planning as the foundation for Strategic WFP
- Critical elements to consider: "selling" to leadership, Tech tools, partnership across finance, operations, HR.
- Learn about different approaches to implementing Workforce Planning in a company with low WFP maturity
- Examples of what has worked, and what hasn't, to successfully implement WFP including identifying the business value, leadership buy-in, leveraging tech platforms etc.
- Learn about similar experiences from other participants and share your own.