From Roles to Skills: Using AI to Transform Workforce Planning
Understand AI's role in streamlining workforce planning, transitioning focus from exhaustive role-based strategies to efficient, skill-centric methods. Learn how AI can be a complementary tool, enhancing decision-making in talent optimisation, and offers guidance on leveraging AI for organisational engagement, internal mobility, and managerial strategy refinement.
For large or complex organisations, Workforce Planning was once an arduous and lengthy process, where hundreds of distinct talent needs across diverse geographies had to be identified, studied, and projected with careful attention. Now, AI can do much of this initial heavy lifting in minutes, freeing up workforce planners to focus on the critical 20% of talent that drives the most value. Speeding up the initial planning process leaves more time for refinement and execution.
While some practitioners of strategic HR fear that AI might one day replace them, the reality for the foreseeable future is far more encouraging: AI is powerful tool, but like any tool, it is only as effective as the human being who deploys it. AI is not here to supplant our work—it is here to guide and supplement our efforts, lending a competitive advantage to those who can harness its power. Nowhere is this more true than in the realm of workforce planning, so this session is designed to paint a picture of how AI will change our approach to workforce planning - and also how AI will change our workforce planning roles.
This session will explore:
- Leveraging AI to create best practice workforce planning
- Increasing organisational engagement in the workforce planning process
- Rethinking our roles in workforce planning with increased use of AI.
- Pitfalls of your current workforce planning effort and how they can be remedied with AI
- How to move beyond role-based planning to better understand current and future skill gaps and surpluses
- How WFP will provide better guidance for external hiring and internal mobility
- How to increase managers’ adoption of AI in their strategic workforce planning.